Google

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Price of Getting High

Like many, I'm amazed with the absurdity of drug laws that put cannabis and other so-called "soft" drugs into the same basket with heroin and crack. I don't think that I should repeat other people's arguments about branding generally harmless people as criminals, linking pot and crack dealers and wasting precious law enforcement resources into something which is not the real problem.

But, through the years, I also got increasingly sceptical towards all those who, in trying to fight anti-drug laws, went to the other extreme and created whole cult of pot, claiming that it represented solution to all of the world's problems. I also became less receptive towards all those claiming that pot was completely harmless drug and that its use hadn't got any nasty side effects. It seems that my scepticism was justified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home