Google

Monday, February 02, 2004

Superbowl "Incident"

I watched bits and pieces of last night's Superbowl and apparently missed the highlight of the whole show. What I saw on the Web afterwards didn't leave much impression on me. I live on the continent where such things were never big deal and the outrage in USA only shows how, despite all the talk about globalisation or belonging to the same Western civilisation, America and Europe enormously differ in culture.

On the other hand, I understand why NFL is so enraged. The talk about "incident" is going to drown any publicity related to the Superbowl itself. For each discussion talking about Panthers and Patriots there would be ten discussions about Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake and "standards of decency".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home