Google

Friday, April 08, 2005

[ADMINISTRATIVE] Considering the Exodus

I guess I’m not the only one who had these problems. So, you probably won’t be very surprised when I tell you that I’m seriously considering transferring this blog to another host.

So far, the only argument against that decision is the sheer size of the blog. So many posts have gathered in last two years and copying all those posts and archives (and even when comments are discarded) is going to be Herculean effort. Needless to say, any suggestion is going to be more than welcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric Gordy said...

I've been thinking about it too, though they seem to have resolved some of the problems in the last few days. I put a similar request for responses on my blog, and the users who wrote to me were all against the idea--something to be said for stability. But if the difficulties with Blogger become persistent, we will probably both have to think about it again.

4:40 PM  
Blogger DarkoV said...

Funny. When I tried to post a comment (twice) to your entry, Blogger locked me/you out. Guess, it's reeking its revenge. The only thing with switching to , say, Typepad, is Blogger's zero cost. I moan and groan about the recent freezes, but...I'm too cheap to pay for Typepad or, as you said, too lazy to even think about the work need to switch over.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Dragan said...

Actually, I have already experimented with some alternative blog hosts and ways to import archives. For example, Draxblog 2 was originally intended to be proper alternative for Draxblog. But, since blog.hr happened to be even less stable and bug-prone than Blogger (entire service was out of order for some two weeks at the beginning of the 2005), I decided to treat it strictly as Croatian version of Draxblog.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home