Google

Friday, February 06, 2004

Day of Fog and Old Memories

Today Split was covered by one of thickest fogs in living memory. The visibility on the streets improved shortly before noon.

This day, however, I will remember for more personal and sadder reason. Vjekoslava Tocigl, my elementary school teacher, passed away yesterday. I read the notice too late to attend her funeral today.

I honestly can't remember when I saw Mrs. Tocigl for the last time, but I know it was long time ago. I'll always remember her as nice old lady who tried very hard to get me and my classmates on the right path and make the opening stages of our education as much fun as possible. What I know of my classmates' latter lives and careers and what memories I do have tell me that she did wonderful job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home