Google

Sunday, September 05, 2004

More About Beslan

I tried to blog about things other than Beslan, partly because thinking about that school was too depressing and partly because I felt that some time had to pass before my opinion could be at least superficially rational.

Unfortunately, even after some time, my thoughts on the matter are deeply affected with dreadful images and whenever I try to think what all that could mean to the people of Beslan I am uncomfortably reminded about the event that had happened in my home town few months ago. I dare not to imagine what this massacre could do to a small town where everybody knows somebody who was tortured and killed in that school.

However, one thing is becoming clear.

I guess (and hope) that majority of this blog's readers would agree with me when I say that those who did it are the inhuman filth that should be wiped off the face of this planet with any mean necessary and no matter what the ultimate cost might be.

And again, despite all previous experiences with the same phenomenon, I am again surprised to see that no evil is evil enough for some people. Too many of them are, either because of political considerations or because of their intellectual laziness, trying to defend the indefensible and justify the unjustifiable.

3 Comments:

Blogger dragan said...

Hi Dragan,
You said that: "I say that those who did it are the inhuman filth that should be wiped off the face of this planet with any mean necessary and no matter what the ultimate cost might be.". Firs I felt like You (this was instinctive reaction), but then I read in "Jutarnji List" where one women that was in school asked the terrorist: “How can You such things”, and he replied something like: “When they was killing my children’s, nobody asked me anything!”. This made me understand that hate rise hate, and that this “ultimate cost” as you say, could be destruction of all of us. Please understand that I’m not justifying them, but we in our country have seen also many unnecessary killing because of hate and fear. What I’m saying is that we, as maybe more civilized part in the conflict, should find some better solution to the problem than calling to war, but again, this doesn’t mean that we cannot defend our selves and our families. But calling for vengeance could produce disasters for everybody, we all should be aware of this and act carefully. Fear, hate, confusion, war is EXACTLY what terrorist’s wants (or better their leaders) to achieve. Following those patterns they’ve already won, dissolving hate and vengeance we work for fulfillment of their aims. Every day, many people pray that people find enough reason and love, only then there will be peace in the world. But everyone of us should ask him self: do we want peace, or we want destruction of our enemies? We cannot have booth. Best regards

2:51 PM  
Blogger Dragan said...

I understand your point of view.

I admit that my words were result of my emotions rather than cold examination of facts. Perhaps they were too harsh and perhaps they made me resemble the very object of my outrage.

I think that both of us agree that what had happened in that school should never happen again and that nobody should suffer the fate of those children and that town.

I don't have all the answers and I'm probably no the most qualified person to offer recipes how to deal with the things capable of doing such atrocities. I simply feel uncomfortable knowing that out there some living, breathing, human-like beings could put great deal of effort and ingenuity for such inhuman purposes.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Dragan said...

I understand your point of view.

I admit that my words were result of my emotions rather than cold examination of facts. Perhaps they were too harsh and perhaps they made me resemble the very object of my outrage.

I think that both of us agree that what had happened in that school should never happen again and that nobody should suffer the fate of those children and that town.

I don't have all the answers and I'm probably no the most qualified person to offer recipes how to deal with the things capable of doing such atrocities. I simply feel uncomfortable knowing that out there some living, breathing, human-like beings could put great deal of effort and ingenuity for such inhuman purposes.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home