Google

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Another Debate Shmebate

Again I managed to watch only the parts of the last Bush-Kerry debate. Again, I'm not particularly impressed by either candidate. Again, I don't think any of them made a spectacular knockout blow. Bush had more of substance, while Kerry had more style and I agree with all those who say that he "looked more presidential". When all is said and done, Kerry scored something between "draw" and "minor win".

Kerry may claim victory in debates as a whole (I still believe that he narrowly lost 2nd), but that victory is far from the decisive blow his enthusiastic supporters are trying to portray. In the grand scheme of things debates probably didn't amount much, apart from erasing Bush's inexplicably huge post-convention lead and making 2004 race as exciting as the election four years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home